Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Safe-sex...With a Banana?????

Continuing with the sex theme from the previous post...
Sex-ed...
Isn't it strange how your words come back to haunt under the most unusual circumstances...
In this particular case, 22 years later...
Don't worry I've not completely lost it, far from it...
Right, rewind 22 years to when I was in Secondary School aged 14...Sex-ed was virtually non-existent in those days, we had a one-off, single-sex 'discussion' with the School Nurse.
She covered all the usual topics such as what males and females get upto, both together and separately (covered this slightly in the last post), and the possible results of male/female physical interaction, including pregnancy and STDs.
Fair-play to the woman, looking back now she was as open and honest as she could be within the restrictions of the Curriculum at that time.
The one thing that I'm referring to in this piece though, seemed so strange to me at the time and has continued to 'pop' into my head at various points throughout my adult life causing varying degrees of humour, until very recently...
I'm always saying that whenever I mention something the opposite tends to happen. I say something then a few weeks/months later I'm forced to acknowledge that I've put both feet in it! That's exactly what's happened, yet again!
Was talking with a mate about the lack of Sex-ed I'd had at school and told him how the School Nurse had showed us girls how to use a condom. She got out a banana and a condom and calmly put the condom on the banana.(Any of you female readers out there ever had this particular example used to show how to use a condom?)
This was a standing joke in our school until we finished. What possible use could we find for having 'safe-sex' with a banana? hehe...
Well, you'll never guess what use my mate found for exactly that this week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home