Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Lynda and Dell Part 2...

Lost in Cyber Space...
Continuing briefly where I finished up at the end of part 1...
CHAT! Well, what can I say?
Was initially engrossed to the point of being in AOL's New Member's Lobby for hours and hours, chatting to the other newbies...Staying up some nights til 3/4 am...
Sad, I hear you say?
Nah! Comes to most of us, I suspect, when we enter the realms of Cyber Space for the first time...:) Is a neccessary learning curve in the journey to navigate the net.
The best outcome of 'cutting your teeth' in 'chat' is that you have a bit of fun, learn the lingo and pick up a few 'buddies' along the way...
The worst is that you become a 'chat addict' and only ever go on-line to roam the endless chat-rooms, never to be seen in, or experience, normal cyber space:(
My experience, fortunately, was the former, and I was also extremely lucky to find my 'guru', Scott:)
I'm pretty sure I was floundering around, way out of my depth, in one of the 30 something chat-rooms, when along came my 'knight in shinning armour':) (Bit over the top, I know, but it seems like that when you're lost and alone in the deep, dark realms of cyber space).
Anyway, he came to my rescue, late one night, not long after I'd taken my first tentative steps into the unknown...I see it all now with a sense of 'being rescued', but was probably closer to a 'baptism of fire' where Scott's concerned. He did throw me in a bit at the deep end and it was 'sink or swim' for a while. But was worth it in the end...
'Cos here I am, after all Scott's encouragement, teasing, dirty talk etc. (mainly dirty talk if I'm honest), I'm flying:)
Going to be extremly sick-making here... Reminds me of a line from a dance track, 'fly baby fly', from 'Fly on the Wings of Love'. Rather apt. considering my nick;)
Here ends the second part of The Saga of Lynda and Dell...
Coming soon, the 3rd exciting (ish) bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home