Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Legally Single...

I'm divorced!

At last!

And how did I discover this important milestone had come to pass? My ex husband told me last Friday:(

He got his Decree Absolute through the post from his solicitor last week.

Mine's gone missing in the post (that's another rant).

So, as usual, one of the biggest celebratory events of my year has been spoiled:(

I'm deflated about it 'cos I wanted to find out the same way as everyone else does, nice
Decree Absolute delivered straight to my door to put a huge grin on my face whilst seeing to the not-so-pleasant task of opening the rest of my mail.

But oh no, I have to be told by my ex...

Rang the court to find out what had been done with mine, to be told that it had been sent to my address on the 23rd of September. The 23rd of September! It's the 20th of October today...The court lady did offer to send a replacement to my home address, but I decided it's safer for me to collect it from the court.

May take a group of my mates up there and do it in style...You know, the advert of the newly divorced woman running smiling down the courthouse steps waving her Decree Absolute:)

Knowing my luck though, I'd fall down the bloody steps!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger henri Banks said…

    hey common i am divorced to
    and that was a good feeling
    now i´m happy again
    Greetings From Henri
    http://henribanks.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Lynda Phillips said…

    Thanks Henri:) Yep, I am happy, sort of, but has all taken so long and my little bit of pleasure was diminished...Having a sulk:(...Better now:)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Lynda Phillips said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Lynda Phillips said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home