Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mr Smith


Below is my comment with signature of the open letter to Iain Duncan Smith via the Daily Telegraph:


Lynda Phillips May 19, 2012 at 6:15 pm
Iain Duncan Smith should count his blessings that he’s not disabled. The man has no comprehension of the word ‘shame’. Unfortunately, I suffered an horrendous series of life changing illnesses/injuries two years ago. “Mr Smith, I’m a coma and severe brain damage (amongst numerous other physical and psychological conditions) survivor. I shudder to think what would have happened when I was in a coma on life support in Jan/Feb 2010 had the coalition been in power then because my prognosis was very bad to no hope for FIVE weeks. It’s expensive to keep a patient alive in Intensive Care. Would the doctors have withdrawn life support with such a bleak outlook? I made remarkable progress and exceeded the doctors wildest expectations. Would your government give me the same chance? All I know for sure Mr Smith is that Hades is waiting for you on the far bank of the river Styx. Make sure you have a gold coin to pay Charon, the ferryman”…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home