Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Friday, May 18, 2012

The CONDEMS bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Nanny State'

Here's my comment on Sonia Poultan's piece in the Daily Mail today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2146422/The-Coalition-ploughed-millions-parenting-website-practical-virtual-advice-need.html

How on earth, or off it in their case, do they think we managed without the internet?

My DD is 19, born a decade before even 50 % home internet coverage was used in the UK.

Even though I bet my schoolmates would have probably voted me 'least likely to become a mother, good or not', I gave birth.

There were problems but I'm not here to talk about that side of things; and horror of horrors; not mine, other people's; I was a natural mother. Mother nature in all her evolutionary glory kicked in.

I had to stay in hospital for six days because of complications including me having the wrong blood group, which, as me things go, wasn't such a bad thing...

Day three and the midwives had me showing the newer mum's how to clean up the ickiest babies, bath, change etc. and present them, in their sublime wonder for relatives to see :) I got on with it and anything I found difficult I asked my mother, aunts and grandmothers, SIMPLES!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home