Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Female circumcision...


During the birth of my daughter some 19 years ago, I was unlucky enough to experience genital mutilation. 


A difficult birth, a useless midwife (she cut me across the muscle), and an hour and a half wait to get stitched properly because the midwife was too ashamed to look me in face, drew my attention to this subject and I became a member of what was called the 'epesiotomy support group'. 


After the tedious, tearful and laborious rounds of consultants, operations and bloomin' misery, I discovered that, although not as horrific as these descriptions, I had been mutilated by a midwife... 


I couldn't have any more children and went through 12 procedures to get as close to normal as I'm ever going to get. I have virtually no perineum left and suffer extreme pain as a result of this... 


Think before you write ;) 


Or look at it this way guys - if someone cut you with a pair of scissors from the base of your penis to your ass how would you like it?


I did say my piece on national television 15 years ago as an invited guest on two television programmes... Still have them on video...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home