Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Friday, January 20, 2012

My best friend

He was the person that worried about me when I became seriously ill, couldn't get hold of me by phone and found me collapsed on the cold kitchen floor suffering from at first, what the doctors thought was hypothermia...

He was the main person to visit me every day even in ITU with the medical staff telling him there was no hope...

He was the person that held our daughter during the most distressing times of her life...

He even looked after my kittens, who became cats when I was in hospital...

He shielded me from the horrific knowledge of how seriously poorly I had been which would have been detrimental during those first few months of recovery.

Even now, almost two years down the line, he visits me at least four times a week and checks on me via phone on other days.

If I could, I would ask that he get recognition from the Queen for his outstanding devotion, support and old fashioned gallantry...

He is my ex husband and the best friend anyone could ask/hope for...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home