Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Boxing Day...


Boxing Day, living up to it's name?

Ummm...

What would you do in this situation?

I was walking home just before midnight after being out with the girls on Boxing Day...

In the town where I live there has been an increasing amount of fighting over the Christmas period and the Police must find it very difficult to deal with due to the sheer numbers of people and fights breaking out all over the main street through town...

As I left my local a fight was erupting and then as I walked over the bridge there were several more...

I managed to avoid them all til I was walking towards the bank...

Then, suddenly, a young lad was jumped by a gang of people, he was about 18 or 19 and they were really giving him a going over...

Something inside me said to walk on by but I really couldn't.

So I tried to help but got hurt myself for my trouble!

Even now after thinking about it I know I would still have helped because otherwise I would have been worrying about the consequences of not doing anything, the lad getting a more severe beating.

Luckily for me a kind woman helped me up and the Police arrived quickly.

My glasses were broken and I have some spectacular bruising and a cut on my jaw but I'll be fine in a few days and at least I know that I helped stop the fight.

Personally, it sickens me that so many people have this kind of tendency for mindless violence and I really don't understand it at all especially at a timewhen we're supposed to be celebrating.

I always used to enjoy going out local over Christmas but after last night I don't think it's a good idea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home