Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Monday, September 17, 2012

Death



Many years ago I was voted the least likely of my 6th form year to have children, a family and settle down etc...

 Because of my ambitions and job...I managed both; not always in the right measure, but always with the best intentions and I got away with it as best I could... 

I would never change a thing about my life; I've seen and done things many people could/would only ever dream about; I've got out of extreme situations with the help from various organisations on the ground in those countries; myself and camera crew have had films and equipment taken from us and we've all hidden USBs and data cards in places you're not 'sposed to put them lol... 

All in all though, when I was seriously ill two and a half years ago I knew I'd done as best I could to honour my family, profession and colleagues ... I wasn't afraid to die from a silly bacterial infection run wild. I knew I'd lived a good life and my daughter and ex hubby by my bed every single day in intensive care helped pull me through...

The legacy is that I lived to tell the tale... I have the greatest friends, colleagues and family anyone could wish for. Their support and understanding has seen me through. They are the true heroes...

To close I'll quote Roy Baty from the movie Blade Runner "Time to die", in that he'd experienced  so many things that no man should... Imagine seeing a atar cruiser buring at Orion's belt...xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home