Bare Facts (was babybear3333)

A (usually) lighthearted and amusing outlook on the real happenings (and vivid imagination) in the day to day life of a walking disaster area/accident waiting to happen/prone to 'blonde' moments 40 something single female...:)

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Computer Peripherals...

When shopping for the above, it's always a good idea to remember that there's only ONE manufacturer. This will quickly become evident when you choose an all-in-one printer for your sister. The mistaken belief that you had an 'excellent deal' on the one that came with the 'state of the art' system you purchased direct from the manufacturer will evaporate quicker than they processed your credit card payment.
At least, after pointing out that you were spending £1200 on it, they had the good grace to throw in a USB cable f.o.c. (would have cost £15 otherwise, cos 'Madam, printer's don't actually come with a cable to connect to your PC'. Silly me!). How are you supposed to use the damn thing without 1? How many people actually know this before trying to set up a home PC? Not many. I only found out 'cos I happened to bother to interrogate the sales guy and point out explicitly that when my system arrived, I wanted to set it up and use it straight away.
Extracting this information was like asking for blood. I had to admit that I was a complete technophobe and he finally admitted that I would need to purchase a USB cable for the printer.
Anyway, back to shopping........Was greatly miffed to find exact printer (except for manufacturer's logo) that I had, for LESS. So, really, after adding VAT and shipping, subtracting cost of USB, I actually paid more for mine whilst spending a great deal of money with the same company!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home